Badgerys Creek Airport
● $5.3 billion in equity funding to WSA Co, a new Commonwealth-owned company, to fund the first stages of a second airport for Sydney in the city's west, scheduled to open in 2026.
Melbourne-Brisbane inland rail
● An additional $8.4 billion investment in the Australian Rail Track Corporation towards the Melbourne-Brisbane inland rail project, which will allow freight between the two cities in under 24 hours.
State transport infrastructure projects
● $1.6 billion towards WA
road and rail projects, including METRONET, which the McGowan state government took to the 2017 election.
● $844 million towards Queensland's
Bruce Highway priority projects.
● $1 billion in infrastructure funding for Victorian
projects including $500 million for regional rail upgrades and $30 million for Tullamarine Airport rail planning.
National Rail Program
● A $10 billion program over ten years to fund urban and regional rail projects.
Read more in our Economics expert reaction panel on the infrastructure announcements in this year's budget.