Major cuts and new spending
- $3.6 billion additional revenue from the operations of the ATO Tax Avoidance Taskforce.
- $22.2 million by requiring all ABN holders to lodge a tax return annually from July 1st 2021. 🧾
- $158 billion over 10 years in tax cuts. 💰
- $3.9 billion for the Emergency Response Fund to respond to natural disasters. ⛈ 🔥
- $2.2 billion in funding for new road safety packages. 🚗
- $2 billion for the delivery of fast rail from Melbourne to Geelong. 🚉
- $2 billion over 15 years for the Climate Solutions Fund (a rebadging of the emissions reduction fund). 🌱
- $1.1 billion for primary and frontline health care services, including the unfreezing and indexation of all GP services on the MBS from July 2019. 🤒
- $174.1 million to re-transfer asylum seekers housed on Christmas Island to Nauru and Manus Island.
Key cuts and spending by policy area